Measures have been carefully devised to provide a safe environment within the restrictions and guidelines advised by our hospitality industry gurus, whilst remaining sensible and without compromising a comfortable stay. Some traditions and practices have been adjusted for the time being.
Please read below for a summary of some of the measures.
Summary of The Nare’s Country House Measures
- RESIDENTS ONLY: For the foreseeable future the hotel and restaurants will be open to resident guests only with the exception of Sunday Luncheon which will be available to non-residents with an advance reservation only.
- DINING ARRANGEMENTS: Dinner arrangements have changed. Service times have been extended, guests are required to make table reservations for lunch and dinner each day. The Quarterdeck à la carte dinner menu is not being offered but instead the same table d’hôte menu is available in both rooms.
All reservations should be made on the understanding that guests will be required to dine in both the Dining Room and the two-rosette Quarterdeck Restaurant during their stay. Preference will be given to guests who are willing and able to dine early or late. Please do not put additional pressure on the reservations or restaurant teams and respect their unenviable task of accommodating guests' requests equitably.
- PRE-ARRIVAL CHECKS: You will be contacted nearer to your arrival to discuss the final arrangements for your stay as well as your preference for early or late dining.
- STAFF TRAINING: Every member of staff has been trained in new health and hygiene procedures and their specific responsibility to guests and colleagues.
- CLEANLINESS: There continues to be enhanced cleaning throughout the hotel. Rooms are being deep cleaned between guests' stays and all linen washed at high temperature in The Nare’s private laundry. Sanitation of all public areas is more thorough and regular than usual.
- HOUSEKEEPING: Use of the “Room free/Do not disturb” sign and some common sense will be required so that housekeeping are able to service the room in the morning and in the evening. Some guests may request their rooms are not to be serviced each day. Precautions are more prevalent and managed according to circumstance.
- CARNE BAY SPA: The spa is open by advance appointment only. Those who wish to have a treatment are required to complete a consultation form beforehand. For the time being there is a more concise list of treatments which including massage, facials, reflexology, manicures and pedicures.
Please note the above precautions are a summary and an indicative guidance only. Measures are likely to be altered as the advice and perceived best practices are changed. It is a developing situation.
Last updated: June 2022