13th March 2020
The following Postponement and Gifting Policies are an addendum to The Nare Hotel's Cancellation Policy within the Confirmation Terms in the 2020 Tariff in light of the Coronavirus situation.
In consideration of the ongoing coronavirus situation the following temporary policy has been implemented with immediate effect for guests due to stay at The Nare Hotel and to help those who are making decisions surrounding their travelling arrangements.
The Postponement Policy allows guests to postpone their reservation at The Nare to a later date rather than cancel their reservation altogether. The cancellation policy remains valid and applies for those that still do wish to cancel. The Postponement Policy terms are as follows:
- You will be able to postpone your reservation to a later date.
- Reservations must be made within 15 calendar months of the date of the postponement.
- There will be no amendment charges for making a new reservation, however further amendments made to renewed reservations may incur additional charges.
- We must receive your request to postpone at least 48 hours in advance of the original reservation arrival date. Within 48 hours the cancellation policy remains valid and you will be liable. On the date the hotel reopens, as and when published on The Nare website, the notice period will then revert to 21 days’ notice to postpone (from 48 hours) until further notice.
- You will be able to cancel your reservation according to the cancellation terms in the Confirmation Terms within the tariff at any time.
Policy updated 1st May 2020
The Gifting Policy allows guests to transfer their booking to someone else who can stay instead e.g. another family member. As a Nare gesture if gifting to your children then their children (your grandchildren) may stay without a room charge. The Gifting Policy terms are as follows:
- You will be able to gift your reservation to another individual or couple until further notice.
- This is not limited to your friends or family.
- Gifting a booking may only be requested by the individual that made the original booking.
- A reservation may be gifted for the same dates or be postponed to new dates within 15 calendar months of the date of the postponement, subject to availability, as outlined in the Postponement Policy.
- There will be no amendment charges for gifting a reservation, however further amendments made to renewed reservations may incur additional charges.
- If you wish to gift your booking to one of your children, then The Nare will provide a room without charge for their children, your grandchildren, if required. This is subject to availability and The Nare may use the accommodation it deems is most suitable to fulfil this arrangement.
- To gift a booking you will need to confirm whether you wish to transfer your prepaid deposit only, or the full cost stated in your Booking Confirmation.
- The reservation remains the responsibility of the original booker who will be able to cancel the reservation according to the Cancellation Terms in the Confirmation Terms as per the tariff at any time.
- Once a reservation has been gifted the new recipient can request for it be transferred back only to the original donor.