The Nare reopened on Thursday 3rd December. The measures that have been in place since July will continue with the addition of face coverings which are being worn by guests and staff within public areas of the hotel.
Measures have been carefully devised to provide a safe environment within the restrictions and guidelines advised by our hospitality industry gurus, whilst remaining sensible and without compromising a comfortable stay. Some traditions and practices have been adjusted for the time being. Some services and facilities are also not currently available and unfortunately there can be no allowance on the room rate for this.
Please read below for a summary of some of the measures.
Summary of The Nare’s Country House Measures
- RESIDENTS ONLY: For the foreseeable future the hotel and restaurants will be open to resident guests only with the exception of lunch on The Quarterdeck, which will be open to tables of up to 6 guests from tier 1 and tier 2 areas with an advance reservation only..
- DINING ARRANGEMENTS: Dinner arrangements have changed. Service times have been extended, guests are required to make table reservations for lunch and dinner each day. The Quarterdeck à la carte dinner menu is not being offered but instead the same table d’hôte menu is available in both rooms.
All reservations should be made on the understanding that guests will be required to dine in both the Dining Room and the two-rosette Quarterdeck Restaurant during their stay. Preference will be given to guests who are willing and able to dine at 6:30pm, 6:45pm, 8:45pm or 9:00pm. Please do not put additional pressure on the reservations or restaurant teams and respect their unenviable task of accommodating guests' requests equitably.
TABLE AND BUFFET SERVICE: There have been changes to the silver service style and the use of buffet tables to avoid close contact between guests and staff. For example dishes are not being served from trolleys, as usual, for the time being.
- PRE-ARRIVAL CHECKS: Prior to arrival guests are being asked a few pertinent questions to check that they are healthy to travel to The Nare. The national track and trace system is being used and guests' correspondence addresses are being screened prior to arrival.
- MORE SPACE TO DINE: The Dining Room and Quarterdeck Restaurant are being used to give plenty of space for resident-only dining. Air conditioning is not be operating however dining on terraces or in your room will be available.
- RECEPTION AND FRONT HALL: The arrival and departure processes has changed slightly to avoid congestion in the front hall. Arrival and departure routines have been modified.
- STAFF TRAINING: Every member of staff has been trained in new health and hygiene procedures and their specific responsibility to guests and colleagues. Staff health will be monitored and temperatures are being taken daily before work. Protection equipment has been provided where appropriate.
- CLEANLINESS: There continues to be enhanced cleaning throughout the hotel. Rooms are being deep cleaned between guests' stays and all linen washed at high temperature in The Nare’s private laundry. Sanitation of all public areas is more thorough and regular than usual.
- HOUSEKEEPING: The housekeeping team will not enter your room whilst it is occupied. Use of the “Room free/Do not disturb” sign and some common sense will be required so they are able to service the room in the morning and in the evening. The housekeeper will explain and discuss the appropriate levels of service with each guest. Some guests may request their rooms are not to be serviced each day. Precautions are more prevalent and managed according to circumstance.
- LEISURE FACILITIES: The gym, indoor pool and hot tub are available by appointment only. The steam room is not open and there is a restriction on the number of guests swimming in the outdoor pool at the same time, when allowed. Alice Rose is available for private charters only until further notice. Scheduled sailings for mixed parties will become available again as and when normal service resumes.
- CARNE BAY SPA: The spa is open to resident guests by advance appointment only. Those who wish to have a treatment are required to complete a consultation form beforehand and wear a face mask during their treatment (available from the hotel reception if required). For the time being there is a more concise list of treatments which including massage, facials, reflexology, manicures and pedicures. The team are following the guidance provided by industry governing bodies and have completed the necessary training to ensure a safe environment is provided.
- FACE COVERINGS: Face coverings are being worn by guests and staff throughout the public areas of the hotel unless there is a valid exemption.
Please note the above precautions are a summary and an indicative guidance only. Measures are likely to be altered as the advice and perceived best practices are changed. It is a developing situation.
Last updated: 10th December 2020